Sono-Photo Dynamic Therapy (SPDT) is a non-invasive cancer supportive treatment that combines photodynamic therapy with sonodynamic therapy.
Photodynamic therapy uses light-sensitive compounds that, when exposed selectively to light, become toxic to targeted malignant and other diseased cells. Sonodynamic therapy uses low-intensity ultrasound, along with naturally derived sensitisers, to destroy tumours in malignant cells.
There are numerous benefits of using SPDT as a supportive treatment for cancer including:
- Repeatable and non-toxic treatment
- Identifies and attacks cancer cells throughout the body
- Effective treatment for a large range of cancers
- Effective when carried out in combination with low dose chemotherapy
- Can be use prior to surgery