Moxibustion is used to treat and prevent diseases by applying ignited Moxa to acupuncture points or certain parts of the human body. Moxa is made of a grounded medicinal plant named Mugwort. The treatment is held a few centimetres away from the skin, above an acupuncture point. For cases where stronger moxibustion is needed, far infrared therapy may be incorporated in order to strengthen circulation and open blockages in the body.
Moxibustion is used to treat various health conditions including:
- Chronic and acute pain including soft tissue injuries
- Tight tendons and muscles
- Poor blood and fluid circulation
- Digestive issues such as diarrhoea
- Menstrual issues such as cramping
- Degenerative joint diseases
- Emotional issues such as depression or anxiety; and
- Aging-related problems
Our TCM Practitioner will guide you through the moxibustion treatment and can be used separately or in combination with acupuncture.