Integrative Oncology can be defined as the combination of evidence-based conventional therapy with complementary or alternative interventions that address the person as a whole.
This combination of services is designed to help relieve the negative physical and emotional effects of the patients’ cancer diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. The treatments are designed to improve coping, symptom control, and quality of life during and after cancer treatments.
Complementary & Alternative treatments can be used to both supplement conventional therapies and to enhance the effectiveness of conventional cancer therapies. In some cases, these types of treatments can be an alternative to conventional cancer treatment.
- Life Health Care Oncologists
- Reduce painful side effects
- Increase the effectiveness of your conventional treatment
- Increase your chance of remission
- Improve the condition of your organs
- Boost your immune system to continue to fight cancer
- Improve your overall well-being
Without a strong functioning immune system, some cancers can recur after your conventional therapy. In addition, cancer cells can become resistant to certain types of chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Chemotherapy can damage both internal organs and your immune system leading to a decrease in quality of life and a higher likelihood that the conventional therapy will be discontinued.
It is also important to understand that cancer affects the entire person, not only the area of the body affected by cancer. The entire body is affected as cancer cells often spread to other parts of the body.
- Nutritional support
- Vitamin and nutritional IV Therapy
- Mind Body Health treatments
- Exercise with oxygen therapy
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Supplements (both to reduce side-effects and enhance conventional treatment)
Our Oncologists work closely with your Oncology team to increase the overall effectiveness of your cancer treatment. There are numerous studies showing the effectiveness of combining evidenced-based alternative and complementary treatments with conventional treatments. These combinations are safe and personalised based on patients’ condition and conventional cancer treatments.